- Development of human resource in the area of camel health and husbandry and linkages of national and international resources
- Training of scientist / veterinarians from line departments/SAUs / NGOs in different aspect of camel health and production
- Training of camel keepers/farmers on the art and science of camel husbandry
- Knowledge process dissemination through Kisan mela, Kisan gosthi, animal fairs, print & electronic media.
- Organization of summer institute/ conference/ workshop
- Inter institutional linkages and coordination
The Centre imparts training to the scientists/veterinarians in the following fields
- Camel managment and health
- Molecular markers for characterization of camel breeds.
- Database management
- Sonography of reproductive organs and cryo-preservation of camel semen.
- Preparation camel milk products.
- Diagnosis and control of camel diseases.
Followings foreign students were given training / carried their research work at the Centre:
- Dr . Fawzy M.Abo-Donia of APRIm Ministry of Agric. & Land Reclamation, NodiEi-Said St., Dokki Giza, Egypt, in Animal Nutrition sponsored by CV Raman Fellowship of FICCI and Govt. of India
- Mr.Wathig Hashim Mohammed of Tubool Camel Research Centre, Resources Research Corportion, Khartoum, Sudan, in Molecular Genetics.
- Dr. Davide Monaco of University of Bari, Aldo Moro, Italy for Ph.D. research work in camel reproduction.
- Dr. Abbussamad Muhammad Abbussamad, Ph.D. Scholar from Georg-August University Goettingen, Albercht-Thaer-Weg 3, 37075 Geottingen, Germany in Camel Reproduction.
- Benedicte Benuelt, trainee student from Sup Agro Centre Internatioal d’ etudes Superieures en Science agronomiques, Montpellier Cedex, FRANCE in Camel Reproduction.